Sunday, August 9, 2009

Starting Over

I have been asked many times now to start blogging again, even if it is just as a favor to others- so I'll do my best. This last week was band camp. In case you don't know it was a week long camp where you learn marching fundamentals and the beginning of the show that you will march for the season. I got up early and we started the day at 9:00 (late for a teenager) and went till 6:00 with a lunch break in the middle.Anyway, it was really really great and I had a really fun time, which I only fully realized afterward. I am still quite tired from it but I am trying my best to generate a regulated sleep schedule. It is exactly 8:30 Sunday morning and I have already finished helping with a paper route Early this morning. Yesterday was the wedding and it was a rare church service, one that I thoroughly enjoyed. I will end this first post on a bright note and simply say that I am optimistic towards this day, this week, and the near future. Let's hope it lasts!

5 comments:

LIT said...

I hope it lasts too!

Regulation of hours: That's been a problem for me lo these many years, but I have noted forever that those who are faithful to a regular schedule---you know, early to bed, and early to . . . yata, yata, yata---usually are in better health, more energetic, and collapse on schedule. They're not always smarter, more creative, or more interesting; just somewhat more predictable. That's not bad though I guess it sounds that way. I'm not knocking it; I just haven't ever been able to accomplish it. Maybe it's envy talking. Good luck to you on that.

Band camp sounds like a lot was accomplished, and that's a headstart on the new school year.

I'm still awaiting news of the wedding so anything you can fill me in on would be appreciated.

Is there a real chance your family will head south at Christmas time?

Love you.

Goo said...

Great post! Welcome back to the blogoshpere!

The big highlight of bandcamp - as far as I was concerned - was getting to see you receive your award. I know how fantastic you are, but it's always cool to see that everyone else understands how fabulous you are.

Now keep up the blogging.

LIT said...

HELlo! I don't think you mentioned receiving an award. Modesty is a great individual trait, but "he who tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted." Isn't that part of a band member's code of conduct?

You are always an all out guy, aren't you?

LIT said...

Re: Title

Yeah, right!

jaz said...

So, is it time to start over again?